Online dating sites are popping up everywhere these days.They offer just about any type of dating you could imagine and target people from all walks of life whether they are looking for a serious relationship or just a fling. Some sites are more specific than others in their dating niche while others are less exclusive in their offerings. Here we wish to provide information about some of the sites available and the services that they offer. Some of these sites are blanket sites and offer a selection of other sites under their name if you are looking for something more specific.
FriendFinder.com- Finding Friends and More
Who is FriendFinder?:
FriendFinder pioneered and continues to innovate some of the most popular and widely-used dating and entertainment websites in the world. They run the world’s first and largest dating network with the intentions of : bringing in like-minded people together for fun, intimacy and love. Their daily goal is to continuously find new ways to help their members engage, communicate and connect with people who are looking for exciting experiences both online and offline. Today, FriendFinder’s services combines the technical and brand assets of online personals, social-networking, live video chat, recorded video, online chat rooms, webcams, instant messaging, photo and video sharing, and premium content.
From what I can tell about my research into friend finder they offer a variety of relationship types including friendships, platonic relationships, and dating relationships. The site gives the option to seek either heterosexual or homosexual relationships.They offer three profile types: single, divorced or widowed. They are definitely not as limited in their sign up of potential clients as some of the more popular relationship sites.
When you go to the site, provided you give them accurate information, you will be shown a list of people who live in your vicinity.You don’t have to sign up to view people in your area but you have to sign up to be able to send a message or contact them in any way. Your email address, a username and password are required to join the site. You will be asked about race, sexual orientation, body type and marital status, but those are optional.
They have three membership types: Standard, Silver and Gold.
Gold members have full access to the site and all of its features. They can:
- Can contact any members
- Have full access to all profiles, photos and videos
- Show up at the very TOP in searches
- Be the FIRST to contact new members
- Get FULL access to members’ recorded video intros
- FULL access to blogs, groups, and magazine featuresFriendly
- 24 hr Phone Support
- Access to extra large photos and,
- Access to ICQ, AIM, YIM & MSN ID’s of members in your network
Silver membership has limited access. Silver members can:
- View and contact members
- Show up after Gold members in searches
- Contact new members
- Access members’ recorded video intros
- Partial access to blogs, groups, and magazine features
- 24 hr phone support
The Standard membership is free and has very limited access. Standard members can:
- Create a profile
- Upload a photo
- Keep a list of their favorite profiles
- Search profile
- They cannot communicate with other members
- They cannot view full profiles or pictures of members
Membership fees are pretty standard compared with other dating sites. For the gold membership:
- If you sign up for 6 months you pay $11.95/month, billed at $95.60 every 6 months. You also get 2 months free.
- The 3 month membership costs $14.99/month and is billed at $59.94 every 3 months, you also get 1 free month
- The monthly plan costs $34.95/month and is billed monthly at $34.95
Membership fees for the Silver membership are:
- If you sign up for 6 months you pay $10.95/month, billed at $65.70 every 6 months you also get 2 months free.
- The 3 month membership costs $13.95/month and is billed at $41.95 every 3 months, you also get 1 free month
- The monthly plan costs $22.95/month and is billed monthly at $22.95
I hope you enjoyed this review. Please feel free to leave your comments or questions below. You may also join our forum to discuss further with other members.